Well, I was probably TOO helpful today

If they were filed for INR, at least the first one should have auto closed and refunded.

Sounds like she finally listened and opened the INR claims.

3 Likes

SHHH… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Well, I promised to update.

The order that had the buy shipping directly from Amazon was granted in my favor. It will not impact my A-Z etc…Amazon funded.

The other two give me an option to appeal which I will tomorrow morning as I am headed away from my lap top right now.

So one down in my favor, two to go…

Oh and BEFORE this decision was made, I did give short input that stated the two orders were combined with the first order and Amazon buy shipping was used. Right now I feel like Artificial Intelligence kicked in and NO ONE truly read the first round.

7 Likes

For me, I’ve rarely gotten any sort of response that indicated ANY sort of “intelligence”, artificial or otherwise…

As promised, here’s the update.

A-Z appealed and lost. NO opportunity to appeal again.

So I went over to the case section and asked if I was allowed to consolidate two orders to the SAME customer to the SAME address.

I used “Make a suggestion” as the subject.

First answer that came back had a link to seller help and somewhere in the book there was a sentence that basically said NO it’s against policy.

So I immediately re-opened and asked “Where is that written?”

They answered with a shorter book and again said it’s policy.

So I did it again and said but WHERE is it written?

I also left zero star feedback and explained that they don’t answer the questions.

I know I’m a nobody…but if we don’t push back, nothing will ever change.

Happy July 4th!

1 Like

These three separate orders would have meant three priority over 16 ounce packages. So I combined them into one for 3 lbs… Normally, it means combining two 4 ounce packages. But not this time.

Just a thought here, since there’s another thread today where I was discussing using Amazon’s stupidity processes to your own advantage.

Would there have been no way at all to ship the 3 orders, other than in 3 packages over 1 pound each? Remember - all you need is “a” shipping label for each order. The package doesn’t necessarily have to contain the full contents of that particular order.

If the customer purchased multiple small items on each order, you could have consolidated all but one in a single PM envelope, then shipped two single items separately for the cost of two FC labels.

That would have protected you from any A to Z’s, since there would be a label purchased through Amazon for each of the three orders, which is all Amazon’s BOTS need to see. No one from Amazon can tell exactly what was inside each package.

Or, you could have combined the most, and least, expensive orders into a single PM envelope and let that least expensive order go without using Buy Shipping, while still buying a 4-ounce label for the second order to protect yourself.

Amazon’s systems aren’t smart enough to grasp the idea that consolidated orders were indeed ‘shipped through Amazon’. You’ll lose any A to Z claims in that case, unfortunately.

I frequently consolidate orders the same way as you - buy the label for the most expensive one, and manually confirm the other and also rarely have problems. But if both are semi expensive, I’d use the above approach. Buy the least expensive label possible on the lesser expensive order.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting approach. Never thought of that.

I should have done signature confirmation – but I was moving too fast.

This is what they provided for consolidated shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9EQJN63QYK6UHBB&referral=AMIAKVLDXBTTN_ACMY2QDK657PC

Interesting…she order about 6 items, three different sizes…but none of my orders will ever be over that cubic requirement OR over 100lbs.

So I closed with “This goes back to my suggestion, you policy needs to be updated to be realistic to accomodate smaller orders,”

I will keep your approach in mind for larger orders.

4 Likes

I wonder if they will end up on eBay - this all just sounds so sketchy to me.

I’ve also combined orders. I’ve also called the post office to try to track things down for people - I would just rather do that assuming they’re too lazy to do it on their own.

I’m so sorry this happened - ugh.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve never seen this before, thanks for posting it.

If your order is eligible for Consolidated Shipping, you see that option during checkout.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 2.22.44 PM

Sellers can Select…

“I don’t like this policy”
…so stupid, no comment box, and would go to the same place that Seller Polls go to die … :headstone:

3 Likes

Interesting, but not at all related to the issue at hand - to no one’s surprise. “Support” just searched for the keyword “consolidated” and didn’t understand that this link is for buyers trying to consolidate multiple orders into one shipment they receive, rather than for sellers trying to consolidate shipments for outbound orders.

Interesting, nontheless. Just not relevant. :laughing:

BTW @doilyboutique444

So I went over to the case section and asked if I was allowed to consolidate two orders to the SAME customer to the SAME address.

There’s no rule that says you can’t do this, but if you do, you’ll lose any A to Z claim on the order where you didn’t buy the label directly through Amazon’s system, if the customer claims INR. Doing it doesn’t break any Amazon rules, you just give up the BS protection. It’s the same as buying the label off site - the computers don’t see a directly purchased label for that order, so the Buy Shipping coverage doesn’t apply.

3 Likes

You’re right!

Rereading it, this is for consolidated Business and Prime Orders for customers at checkout… :woman_facepalming:

Thanks, Roxy for the correction and pointing it out!

4 Likes

Well, I went back to my case and couldn’t add words…but I could schedule a phone call for tomorrow.

When they call, remind them they are allowed to put one package of “crock headlight charms” from a far off land and one package of “sticky hand toys for adults” in one package. With a 5 pound hammer.

Ok for them, “No Bread For You!”

Sorry I am in a mood dealing with Amazon as a customer and seller all weekend.

So I just had my phone call…

I gave Amy two suggestions:

1. Please allow sellers to combine shipments from a buyer when the name and address are an exact match. $4 a day adds up. (I have another one today two orders, same person, one item each, two first class packages at 4 ounces,or one at 8 ounces).

2. Please allow sellers to attach information when appealing A-Z claims. I was not allowed to attach a screenshot to prove that the tracking numbers were the same. (I have no faith that a person looked beyond my words). She’s sending an email over to the claims department. I still have no faith that I can get the funding of the A-Z claims reversed. I agree that the person should file a claim, get reimbursed, just not from me when I used Amazon Buy Shipping and there’s no written policy against consolidating orders.

I also spoke to an AMERICAN. Over in the tree that you have to work down…I used “Make A Suggestion” to get a second case started and then closed the case when I thought we were done. But nope, I did think that their answer was a business customer answer…so when I went to open it back up and respond, I couldn’t. That’s how I got a phone call.

2 Likes

I can understand wanting to be efficient, but perhaps there might be a reason that the buyer purchased separately?

Maybe they want to have separate boxes because the multiple orders are eventually going to different people?
Maybe the multiple smaller packages do fit in their cluster box?

The other thing is that if these were separate orders going to separate places you’d be buying separate shipping, and you’re OK with that. So the consolidation isn’t “necessary”, it is just something you’ve chosen to do to save money.

4 Likes

Your questions…

Separate boxes to separate people eventually?

I say nope. I ship in polymailers. I say people have to open the polymailer to see what’s inside. They don’t say OH this is the tracking number so it’s order A, B or C and then ship it on to their destination of choosing.

People who have cluster boxes KNOW that if the package is too big, they get a key to a larger box to retrieve their packages.

Yes save money. Two first class orders minimum cost $8. One first class order under 8 ounces about $5. When this happens every day, it adds up. In my A-Z situation, it was three 16 ounce packages or one 3 lb package…significant savings on my end. T4oday, you can say I lost $3 … two under 4 ounce packages that I did not consolidate. Heck, my smallest doily weighs less than an ounce. So 6 orders could go into one package for 4 ounces.