What happens if you have multiple accounts and one gets deactivated?

Do your other accounts also get deactivated? Curious because I sold my Amazon business last year. Wondering what happens if the new operator does something that get it shut down. Will my current accounts get shut down as well?

2 Likes

YES. Assuming Amazon has linked them.

5 Likes

It COULD get shut down. As @oneida_books said depends on how Amazon links the accounts. This is one of the risks of selling a business/selling accounts.

1 Like

That’s lovely :joy:

1 Like

Well there are those rules/policies …

Can I transfer my seller account?

Seller accounts generally are not transferable. Seller accounts provide access to the tools and resources that sellers use to list their products and manage their orders. Seller accounts also include account activity history and buyer feedback. Every seller on Amazon must have a seller account and an agreement with Amazon that establishes the terms under which the seller lists and sells their products.

If the ownership of a business changes for any reason, the new owner must establish a new seller account.

If the ownership of a business is not changed, but the individuals responsible for managing the seller account have changed, you can add users to the account. For more information, see Set User Permissions.

3 Likes

Unless you went through the proper procedures to make sure your accounts were never linked (from the point of creation), if whoever you sold the account to gets suspended so will you, and vice versa.

1 Like

What is the proper procedure? I usually notify Amazon when creating a new account that I have had some in the past.

Also, are you saying I could get suspended if the suspension is related to multiple accounts? Or are you saying any general suspension could affect a linked account.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

You could get suspended just as much as they can.

2 Likes

Everything would need to be different from the point of creation. Different EIN, address, contact person, phone number, email, computer, IP address.

ANY suspension for any reason on one account will cause ALL linked accounts to be suspended for “related accounts.” Having multiple accounts in itself is not against the rules, but you can bet they won’t let you use multiple accounts to circumvent a suspension.

2 Likes

I thought it was policy to notify Amazon you were setting up multiple accounts?

2 Likes

This is just the (very) short list

2 Likes

It used to be, you had to ask permission, they don’t do that anymore. You can do whatever you want unless there’s a problem in which case they slam all the accounts with it.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s not everything, but just the major things that will 100% get you linked.

1 Like

Was in the past.

Within the last 5 or so years, multiple accounts are allowed if you meet the defined reasons, and no contact is required.

EDIT, Others beat me to this point, sorry! Don’t want to make it sound like I’m piling on.

4 Likes

Some other Major things you left out …

• Credit Card
  • Bank Account
  • Any Device, not just computer
2 Likes

I believe Amazon won’t actually let you use a bank account that’s already linked to another seller account, but I’m sure attempting to do so will get you linked.

1 Like

As of a little over 1 1/2 yrs ago you could. Not sure now.

However, the point is if your Current Bank Account was in the old sold account at any point … Linked.

ETA - I’ve probably worked about 80 of these type cases directly with sellers. I can drill down to linkage through browsers and more.

2 Likes

So it seems like if I want to avoid getting my account suspended in the future due to the sale of my previous Amazon business, I will need to create a new Amazon account that’s uses a different.

- IP Address
- Device
- Bank, EIN, Credit Card, Address, ETC

I always have a different bank, legal entity etc but how do you guys manage to make sure not to use the same device / IP address? Do you have a separate computer and VPN? This just seems like overkill.

2 Likes

The MAC Address of the device is recorded by Amazon. So the “how” is you have to get a new device.

I hesitate to give a lot of detail in this area though, avoiding “Related Accounts”, because I know bad actors will use it to bypass Amazon policy.

6 Likes

I see. Definitely not a bad actor. Recently found out some not so great things about the company who acquired my business and want to be safe in case anything happens to them.

4 Likes