šŸ“ŗ What I'm watching

Oh man, you shouldnt have shown this to me. Can’t wait for the next car ride with the kiddo.

Man, I’m really missing the boat by not marketing shin-guards under the ā€œKick Me, I’m Yoursā€ brand…

:grin:

Well, as my grandfather used to tell me as a child ā€œGet though kidā€. It was a different generation…

I have taken that expression and modified it slightly for this generation, ā€œIt’s a good thing your tough kiddoā€

Will give it a few years and report back with the results.

The Wedding Singer just started on Comedy Central.

I’ve been waiting for that one! Only Murders that is.

:rofl:

Man they don’t make albums like this anymore lol

It is sad. I used to think some of the Bob Ross merch was funny, but not after seeing that. I would not buy any of it.

Watch Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed - Netflix

(Watch Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed | Netflix Official Site)

Yup. Same reaction here. Won’t touch it.

I very much like the series ā€œAloneā€, where people are dropped off in the wilderness with a minimal set of equipment, and the one (of 10) who survives completely alone by his/her own wits the longest, gets $500K. The most recent seasons have been less fun than the earliest ones, but this may be because we have become far more familiar with the most common errors that eliminate a ā€œcamperā€, like ā€œNO! Do NOT climb that tree to get that stupid squirrel you merely THINK is dead, as you will either get bit by a very much ALIVE squirrel, or fall out the tree and break a bone, and either one of those is a one-way ticket home.ā€ or ā€œTIE THAT GILL NET to a very sturdy tree, as you have no idea what the winds and tides are.ā€

The other thing we do is record the midnight Saturday night Flim Noir movies on TCM. We wish that we lived in a black-and-white movie world, and we try to do so as much as possible.

The Apple series ā€œHello Tomorrowā€ is cute, as is ā€œSeveranceā€ (which includes exterior shots of my old office at the former Bell Labs HQ at Holmdel, NJ). The series ā€œRussian Dollā€ was very good, but the same actress in ā€œPoker Faceā€ is not a good, as ā€œPoker Faceā€ is essentially ā€œMurder She Wroteā€ with a younger cast.

TV is a vast wasteland. Moreso the news.

Joni Mitchell: ā€œAnd all the news repeats itself, like some forgotten dreamā€

One of our favorites. It’s the perfect weeknight, need to relax show since it’s quiet and not much happens. Did you see the Netflix rip-off version ā€˜Outlast?’ It was something else - they let the people interact and sabotage each other and it got pretty brutal.

I’ve been rewatching Deadwood while I work. This time I don’t have a 2 year old and I can turn on closed captioning so I can follow what the heck they’re saying.

In the spirit of summer, I just binged 3 of the 4 Jaws movies in two days. When I told my cousin what I was up to, she responded with the appropriate, You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat.

I haven’t decided if I want to watch the 4th, Jaws: the Revenge. Jaws 3D was extremely hard to get through, (I loved this one as a kid) even with the notable Dennis Quaid. But man the 3D effects were on point…for 1983 :joy:

Switch over to deep blue sea instead. That’s worth the watch.

I’ll try it. Haven’t seen that one.

Only Murders in the Building (Season 3).
Only two episodes left!

:nerd_face: :woman_detective: And already nerding out about Season 4.

https://reddit.com/r/OnlyMurdersHulu/s/P9Cgpxjjkc

Quite an outstanding ensemble cast, if you get your druthers… :wink:

Basil Rathbone as sherlock holmes. Yes. I nerded out.

The new sherlock movies showed Watson in the light that I think the author really wanted him to be in.

I don’t really watch TV anymore. It’s all streams as getting a set time each day to watch something is not normally feasible. Once I sit down, it’s danged hard to get up again. Especially after a long day already.

Perhaps what is worse, is that I don’t even recognize half the shows that are being mentioned!

We tend towards sci-fi/fantasy epics (among other things) - currently watching The Wheel of Time. LOTR: Ring of Power, Foundation, and Silo are waiting in our queue. My guilty pleasure is having vintage sitcoms on in the background while I work on listings in the afternoon… :wink:

Hard to believe we watched ZERO television before the pandemic (preferred to read books) and now we are hooked on streaming :frowning:

When you put on Archer at 10:30am on a Thursday to play in the background while you’re working, Hulu assumes you’re a hungover college kid and only shows you commercials from Anheuser-Busch and Uber about not drinking and driving.