đź“ş What I'm watching

There’s a UFOs: The Lost Evidence (Season 2, 2017) marathon, on the Travel Channel. :alien:

What are you watching? :eyes:

2 Likes

Now that the Magnolia Network has been added to the YouTube TV lineup, I am catching up on Season 8 of Maine Cabin Masters. I have missed seeing them.

2 Likes

The premiere of the latest episode of 1883: A Yellowstone Origin Story is currently engrossing my limited attention span.

Da commercials? Not so much…

3 Likes

Love these folks! I have to use subtitles, though–and they’d probably say the same for me.

Saw a sweet one last night that was new construction for a mom/grandmother that promoted a whole rabbithole on composting toilets. They put a washer in her bathroom, but not a flush toilet? Evidently, grey water is on a different system, and the composting toilets are cheaper.

Oof, you’re in a whole universe with that one. And I don’t mean :alien:

2 Likes

My Dad was a contractor so I can relate to the work they’re doing. I like the way they re-use materials whenever possible.

3 Likes

I typically watch the UFO :alien: and ghost :skull: marathons, but Sunday nite is reserved for 90 Day Fiance and all its spinoffs :kiss_woman_man:.

Marilyn

3 Likes

Saw ads tonight for “Before the 90 Days”(?) and could feel the awkwardness all the way through the screen :sweat_smile: “You have to get my mom’s approval” :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

Is it the one of the lady sleeping, or the one of the lady who never leaves the house?

One of the most memorable quotes was several years ago when a non-US citizen was arguing with the immigration officer about getting a Visa to live in the US. During the interview, the non-US citizen declared, “I have my rights!” To which the interviewer responded, “No you don’t.” :pensive:

Marilyn

1 Like

Neither. It’s kittens and cats 24/7 !! :smiley_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :cat2: :black_cat:

4 Likes

Traitor.

Which came first - The Love Of Puppies, or The Love Of Kittens?

:melting_face:

1 Like

I’ve loved both puppies and kitties. I’ve even had multiples of each at the same time.

After a rough day/week, it sure is relaxing to watch kittens (or puppies) playing. :heart:

5 Likes

On a regular basis, we watch all PBS mysteries and most but not all Masterpiece Theater. Whozzit is also a big fan of those Marvel and DC comic book inanities. I’m beyond bored with super heroes and assorted monsters.

Because I begrudgingly sit through the insipid super hero stuff, in-between that and PBS I get to choose our binge watching. Either a whole season, or the entire multi-seasons of a show which has ended.

We just finished season 3 of Picard. Started episode 1 of Sneaky Pete.

2 Likes

Recently finished Succession - brilliant show with amazing acting and even better writing. Highly recommended. Both seasons of The White Lotus were fun to watch too.

4 Likes

Been watching Grim but now it is starting to get redundant and a little on the boring side. I am also watching 1883. I don’t think it is historically accurate as they say. My great grandfather immigrated from Germany in 1877 and then worked on Buffalo Bill Cody’s ranch in North Platte NE and we have a lot of written history and even a few pictures. My grandfather was born on the ranch in 1898. Then on the other side of the family we came off the Mayflower my 9th great grandfather was part owner and captain, he took the boat back and left his son my 8th great grandfather. We have a huge family history book that has been being put together for years. Been doing a lot of genealogy lately with not feeling well and getting out of the house.

4 Likes

Watched John Wick 4 over the weekend. Amazing fight + chase scenes… but was definitely lacking in explanation of new characters and John’s actual motivation at this point. Still a good flick, but nearly 3 hours long. Apparently there’s a spinoff (The Ballerina) coming out next year, and a series (the continental) set in the 70’s exploring Winston’s rise in NYC - which should be a pretty good watch, I think.

4 Likes

Just got back from Paris, went to Sacre Coeur, and husband had to pose like this on the steps - I’m sure it’ll be familiar to you :rofl:

4 Likes

I watch Julia McKenzie’s “Marple” and David Suchet’s “Poirot” weekly.

I admit to never having read the entire Christie Corpus. Having said that, a couple of weeks ago the episode was “Endless Night” featuring the fine English actor, Tom Hughes. I got to the end of the program, and jumped out of my chair shouting, “WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!?!” Did not see that ending coming.

ENDEAVOUR has three of my favorite English actors, Shaun Evans, Roger Allam, and Anton Lesser. This is the show’s final season, and I’ll probably binge the whole thing to be sure I haven’t missed any clues as they wrap things up.

3 Likes

Peacock added Mr. Mercedes. So, that is what I am currently re-binging. Already watched it when it first came out, but decided to go for round two. Still not as good as the books, but worthy.

1 Like

No one is watching The Witcher? For shame.

2 Likes