What new hell is this, Amazon? (new case creation reCAPTCHA)

So a mod opened a case to contact me about my post on the NSFE about the recent “edits.”

It came in as an email and I responded.

Unsure if it would go through I opened the case to respond and got this before I could send it.

3 Likes

Captcha to make sure you are a human.

CAPTCHA stands for the Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart .

I run into this from time to time on ShipStation, find the bridge, traffic light, bus, car, etc., etc…

Each time they do it I give them a piece of my mind.

What a PITA.

2 Likes

I have gotten thousands of Captchas but never one like that, ever. WTAH?! :unamused:

3 Likes

Is it just me?? I don’t see how it works.

2 Likes

A person can see where the car is on the street. A computer can not identify the car on the street.

Of course we know that Amazon Systems are smart enough to see text on images, pesticides, items deadly to children (that are not), etc., etc…

So why they would add it? Keep programmers busy instead of solving the hacking and hijacking of brand catalog pages, I guess.

And don’t get me started on the hundreds of other Ama Bot problems on Amazon.

2 Likes

Unsure if it would go through I opened the case to respond and got this before I could send it.

Can you click the headphone icon and ask ‘What the bloody hell are you talking about???’

:laughing: :laughing:

I’m with @booknut7, I wouldn’t be sure where to put the dot either, and I’m very much a human.

Probably at the end of the series of orange lines that are attached to the car emoji?

6 Likes

My response would be “How the hell do I know where they’re going?”

5 Likes

Funny I am not feeling so smart now. I would have clicked the car… :thinking:

1 Like

A person can see where the car is on the street.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. @booknut7 and I both seem confused.

The question is to identify the end of the car’s path. So are we to assume that the orange lines indicate its path? If so, what are the other orange lines in other parts of the image? And which direction is the car traveling? It could be going south, in which case who could guess where the end of it’s ‘path’ would be?

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but the one I can see has four different chopped up orange lines.

4 Likes

We also had a mod open a case on the recent “edits” but we looked at it on Seller Central Case page.

2 Likes

but the one I can see has four different chopped up orange lines.

Yes, but none of those are “attached” to the little car. So my guess would be to click the end of the series of three lines that seem attached to the car. I think we’re all failing Amazon’s arr-you-hooman test. :laughing:

Oh good, here comes Dogtamer to muddy the waters even more. :grin:

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, Bingo! has been called.

The additional “orange paths” shown in Captcha’s like this are an attempt to stifle the web-crawling spider-bot’s recent success in cracking the “pick out the image” code.

fuqthisshit

Confusing af but this is the answer

Also on a side note, apparently Account Health has my number blocked, since if I use a different number I’m able to get through but if I use my seller central mobile which is also my seller support call back number - then it doesn’t work

Such pains.

1 Like

are an attempt to stifle the web-crawling spider-bot’s recent success

Too bad it’s stifling the real human being’s efforts to figure it out too.

2 Likes

Could you please explain your answer? My dot would go here.

1 Like

Great point, that is why I thought I should click the car. Since the headlights are pointed at me, and it is on the bottom of the “page” that must be the destination!

Unless, the car is stuck in reverse and the destination is at the end of the line.

About 20 years ago a ‘gentleman’ had a visitor on our street. The man drove by the front of our house (backwards in reverse) and asked if I knew where his friend lived. I said, sure, two driveways down, on the left, your right.

I asked, why are you driving backwards the answer, “I can only use Reverse, Drive will not work.” Stupid me. Found out later he lived 10 miles away.

Fact is stranger than fiction CAPTCHA.

Roxy beat me to it. You got some 'splaining to do. Please.

Since the headlights are pointed at me, and it is on the bottom of the “page” that must be the destination!

Oh, yes, that does make sense now that I think about it. I assumed (and if we need to assume parts of the question, then we have no hope of answering it correctly) that the car was just preparing to start on its journey. But you could just as validly assume the orange lines represent the journey it just completed, therefore the car’s current location would be the point of its destination.

A captcha really shouldn’t be this hard to figure out, but leave it to Amazon. :laughing:

Side note: Another of my captcha pet peeves is when you’re asked to click on traffic lights. Does the lightpole count as a traffic light? Or just the actual lights themselves? :thinking:

1 Like

The end of the cars path is the tiny little orange line sticking out from behind the block.

You have to account for the full path closest to the entire line. Your dot ignores the second half of the path.

Done so many of these - doing dumb shyte over over again makes for stupid redundant behavior. I’m an expert.

Won’t know until its actually solving a captcha tho :joy:

2 Likes