What would you do with this customer

• ORDER SHIPPED 7/21/2022 USPS PRIORITY MAIL THROUGH AMAZON BUY SHIPPING
  • AMAZON POLICY DOES NOT COVER ITEM NOT RECEIVED OVER 90 DAYS
  • REQUESTED REFUND 4/10/2023 - 264 DAYS AFTER ORDER
  • REFUND REFERRED TO AMAZON TO FILE A2Z FOR ITEM NOT RECEIVED FOR COVERAGE UNDER AMAZON POLICY
  • REQUESTED 1ST CANCELLATION 5/25/2023 - 309 DAYS AFTER ORDER & CUSTOMER REQUESTED REPLACEMENT TO BE SENT TO NEW ADDRESS
  • CANCELLATION DENIED 5/25/2023
  • ** REPORTED EMAIL TO AMAZON **
  • REQUESTED 2ND CANCELLATION 6/3/2023 - 318 DAYS AFTER ORDER
  • CANCELLATION DENIED 6/3/2023
  • ** REPORTED EMAIL TO AMAZON **

Thinking that any more emails from this one we are going to mark No Response Needed and report as harassment.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I concur. Donā€™t know what planet the guy is living on.

dangā€¦Ignore is my vote.

This would have been my response to all inquiries.

2 Likes
  • REFUND REFERRED TO AMAZON TO FILE A2Z FOR ITEM NOT RECEIVED FOR COVERAGE UNDER AMAZON POLICY

What led you to do this? :thinking: I would have worried that it would have given the customer hope they might reasonably expect a refund.

• ORDER SHIPPED 7/21/2022 USPS PRIORITY MAIL THROUGH AMAZON BUY SHIPPING
  • AMAZON POLICY DOES NOT COVER ITEM NOT RECEIVED OVER 90 DAYS
  • REQUESTED REFUND 4/10/2023 - 264 DAYS AFTER ORDER

My response:

Hi customer, do you realize itā€™s been nearly a year since you placed your order? Thatā€™s far too long to allow us to take any steps to help you. Amazon policies provide a generous 30-day window to report any issues, and this is well beyond that time.

Sorry, (not sorry)
Seller

I canā€™t help but try and teach people a small lesson about what is reasonable and what is not in cases like this. :laughing: Trying to smarten up Amazonā€™s customers, one transaction at a time.

Report any future messages as ā€˜customer is being unreasonableā€™.

5 Likes

The wording of their email was agressive. We explained it was past the Amazon policy of 90 days and referred him to Amazon for any additional help. Our notes should have read ā€œDenied refund and referred to Amazon.ā€

Your email is pretty much what we sent the first time except we stated 8 1/2 months ago and 90 days rather than 30 days as Amazon A to Z states

• You are still within 90 days of the original Estimated Delivery Date

We reported as harassment but will do

in the future.

1 Like

i agree

also, i have to ask, what was the price of this order? Is this guy being a loon for $24 or $250?

2 Likes

about $50

Two items custom made ā€¦ had one town on them and shipped to that town ā€¦
Then 8 1/2 months later ā€œdidnā€™t get themā€ and wants a refund / remake for a new address ā€¦
We figure they moved and are now trying to get new ones with the new address at no cost ā€¦

1 Like

All the more reason to response with a polite(ish) version of - are you stupid?

We explained it was past the Amazon policy of 90 days and referred him to Amazon for any additional help.

I still donā€™t understand this part. :thinking: Refer him to Amazon for what? Why would you want to suggest that any further help might be available? His request is ridiculous. If Amazon, in their infinite lunacy, might refund him at this point, what lesson would that teach this person? Shut him down with a hard no and leave it at that.

2 Likes

have to ask, what was the price of this order? Is this guy being a loon for $24 or $250?

Youā€™ll appreciate this. :laughing: I got this series of requests back in April (of this year):

April 9 2023
Hi. I was wondering what the warranty is on this. I really really love it.
If it does have a warranty. I hope it does.the issue is two have broken. If by chance you can replace them (because I do love the quotes).
My shipping address is.
Jelenaā€¦

Original order info:

Price:

:angry: :woman_facepalming: :angry: :woman_facepalming: :angry:

It was a set of bookmarks. The price included free shipping, so the bookmarks themselves were worth about $3 or $4.

And this genius thinks they might be covered by a warranty.

Also interesting is that the buyer, Jason, originally had them shipped to ā€œWilliamā€. But now in 2023, itā€™s ā€œJelenaā€ who wants the replacement shipped to her.

I was too busy to bother lecturing this guy back in April, and then he had the nerve to contact me again in May.

May 19, 2023 8:12 PM
Hi can you help

I guess he, or she (Jason? William? Jelena? Who knows :woman_shrugging:) is pretty persistent, and didnā€™t get the message that bookmarks donā€™t come with warranties when I ignored their first message. I clicked No Response Needed to both, but it is interesting that Amazon has this little box nowā€¦ it might trip up some people.

Yep ā€¦ and ours still shows

Even though we have rejected the cancellation for already shipped order twice for each time they requested a cancellation which sends an automated response email to each time we select that button.

And FL must have something in the water because that is where ours was from too ā€¦ :thinking:

Even though we have rejected the cancellation for already shipped order twice for each time they requested a cancellation which sends an automated response email to each time we select that button.

Interesting. I donā€™t think I had a button to ā€˜Accept Full Refundā€™ at the time my messages were received. I only see it today, long after the fact. Itā€™s possible it was there and I didnā€™t notice, but I think I would have remembered since itā€™s color and location appears intended to trick someone into issuing a refund. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Even after I click on the ā€œOffer Replacementā€ and the system sends them a replacement email (see below), the Offer Replacement button remains. Seems a bit clunky. Also - when I see ā€œAccept Full Refundā€ I suspect that one might think the seller is receiving a refund, not giving a refund.

Also the replacement text has poor formatting and punctuation. Thereā€™s no option to edit it before sending. Apparently the requirement to send messages to buyers with correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation only applies to third party sellers, and not to Amazon that made this rule.

Replacement offer text

As more word spreads on social media about free stuff from Amazon, more people see an opportunity for something for nothing.

Often these are scams which do not represent enough money for most buyers to bother with, but there are always some big time scammers lurking.

Being the sort of stuck up person I am, I never offer anything for sale where the cost including shipping is $7.59.

Nor do I offer easily fenced $50 items.

Since no one product is really important to me, I have always at the first sign of low-life buyers for an item dropped the product.

I am truly fortunate that I can not sell the products which appeal to morally inferior buyers. Short of some magic device which vaporizes the morally inferior there is no other effective solution.

2 Likes

Not to mention ā€¦ the one button says ā€œAccept Full Refundā€ ā€¦ wouldnā€™t that imply that the customer is going to refund me? :thinking: :wink:

Would make more sense to say ā€œGrant Full Refundā€ ā€¦ but what do we know?

I would be so tempted to send them a new one with the old town/address info.