When Google Maps answers the delivery issue.

1. No mail receptacle
  2. Large Fence
  3. Warning Security Dog Sign
  4. Large PITBULL

I wonder why this delivery did not go smoothly? :thinking:

16 Likes

Gee why did they not ring the bell next to the “Dog will eat you” sign?

Cue the music from deliverance.

Typical Amazon Delivery

Though the International Harvester Scout used in this movie was my first “car”,

God I miss that vehicle. I was not in the movie, and have never participated with pigs. (sic) As in “Said in Context” for those that may not know.

10 Likes

I was at a house with a pitbull today while doing a job. She had the loudest bark, and she would kill you WITH HER TAIL. She was snuggling up against me and sniffing and wiggling. Pitties get a bad wrap in most cases.

The ankle biters, now they are the ones you need to watch out for!

12 Likes

Feel bad for that pooch. Something tells me it’s outside 24/7/365 based on the path carved into the dirt.

As far as the delivery - Amazon, UPS, and every other delivery service just tosses packages. They could have delivered there. What the dog did with the package after it was tossed over the fence is not anyone’s problem but the homeowner.

9 Likes

Windows covered in foil?! :hot_face: Puppy might be better off outdoors (hopefully with plentiful water).

9 Likes

Did they order something that would be used to cook meth?

10 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013V9X08

2 Likes

Well, that product certainly does not match up with that house

2 Likes

Given the relatively-rural nature of the part of Clearlake, CA where this delivery address appears to be located, that might be a possibility - but I’m guessing that the tinfoil is more likely to be about either an attempt to reflect heat, or maybe even an attempt to emulate a tin-foil hat’s imagined utility on a larger scale.

5 Likes

Maybe this is where Elvis is hiding out???

I heard he did that.

4 Likes

I don’t see a tin foil hat on the dog, so I do not think that is the case here.

5 Likes

That’s a fair point.

An even-fairer one might be that there appears to be only one Dog wearing a tin-foil hat in this thread… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Many mobile or manufactured homes have foil on the windows to reflect heat; it’s like putting one of those shiny shades on a car’s dashboard. Not the most effective method, but cheap. Unusual to see foil on large windows like this, it’s usually seen on much smaller ones that you would not use to, you know, see out…

I wonder if this property has a house number? Lack thereof causes many a delivery issue. I hope that doggie is all bark and no bite, but I would not take any chances.

4 Likes

I think that 90% of it comes down to the owners and how they treat the dog. Train them to be aggressive, and they’ll be aggressive. Pit Bulls are the current “in” dog to have if you want an aggressive one; in the 70s, it was dobermans. A friend had a dobbie, never docked the ears, and treated her nicely. A dangerous dog, in the fact that she would not stop licking you!

7 Likes

Does your dog bite?

No, Much Worse, He Judges You.

8 Likes

And THAT’s key, in my book.

We wee humans tend to think of our pets as dumb animals, and as far as possession of higher reasoning skills is concerned, that’s an accurate assessment.

Nonetheless, it appears to me that domesticated dogs (and cats, among certain other higher-lifeform pets) seem to clearly possess an innate ability to judge character…

2 Likes

Pitties get a bad rap but many of them are good-natured. It depends on the owner.

For me, the scariest dog is a Chow Chow. When I was walking my own dogs one day we passed a house that had two Chow Chow’s in a fenced yard. We were long past that house when one of these huge dogs escaped the fenced yard and came running down the block and jumped on my 11-lb. Toy Fox Terrier. My little doggie was wounded but survived. (I’ll spare you the most graphic details of the incident). Don’t trust Chows!

chowchow

6 Likes

We had an Alaskan Klee Kai dog that befriended our house. We called her Pretty Eyes as she had one brown eye and one blue eye. Very loving dog to us and the two little girls across the street.

But she hated the UPS truck and would attack it if given the chance. One of the drivers must have done something to her and she wasn’t going to let it go.

Chows are very territorial and very loyal … to a fault. That’s where their aggression is based.

2 Likes

Depends on how they are trained. My son has a pit mix that is the sweetest dog.

3 Likes

Probably because there is only one Dog in this thread, and in this forum.

5 Likes