[AMZ] Amazon’s Prime Day event is back this July (2024)

I’m staying out of it this year. One less thing to stress about with all of the new “improvements”.

3 Likes

It’s never made any difference for us at all. I don’t see the value in doing the work if there is no return.

-Ana

3 Likes

I usually see a small bump in sales, but I don’t offer any deals.

3 Likes

Exactly the same for us. Sometimes we get a small increase, and sometimes not.

-Ana

1 Like

July 2024 dates and marketing ideas in :lock: SAS Confidential (members only)

https://sellersasksellers.com/t/an-sas-calendar-of-sales-events-for-ecommerce/2555/19?u=papy

1 Like

It really makes a difference what category you’re in I guess. Those 2 Prime Days in July are always our best 2 days of the year on the topline. We get very aggressive though as do the idiots we compete with.

3 Likes

Well, no surprise, but it looks like we can rule out the first week of July.

20240612_132806

1 Like

Yeah, I think if I put the effort into it we might do better. To be honest, I’m having trouble keeping up with demand right now. I don’t want to say it too loud or the bots might hear me. Just had 2 shipments checked in at CLT2 and TEB9 in lightning speed time, and about 10% is already gone - sold as soon as it got there. This is a problem we are happy to have.

-Ana

9 Likes

I love hearing this. Keep pumping out the inventory. When you have items in demand like this, the more you send, the more you will sell. Getting inventory across Amazon’s network - allowing same day / next day delivery to the buyer will deliver big for you. Trust me.

That doesn’t mean if you send 1,000,000 units of something that isn’t selling to FBA it will suddenly explode. No - surely not, but trust me on what lots of inventory of a good / great seller can do for growth.

7 Likes

I actually learned this from YOU some time ago. Our goal is to have our top sellers in at least 100 warehouses. It’s killing us, but the payoff seems to be worth it. Thanks for all your help!

-Ana

5 Likes

No pain, no gain. Don’t be afraid of success even though selling on Amazon can be a scary place to bank on.

Wishing you continued success.
Steve

5 Likes

It’s the best day of the year by far for us too. We almost double our volume without doing a single thing differently.

4 Likes

Still no announced dates, but now this appears on .com

2 Likes

SAS manager claims not to know when it will be which is standard fare for SAS managers. They probably don’t know.

Still thinking 7-11 - 7-12 over here.

2 Likes

Wow, we are cutting it a little close. Talk about keeping suppliers in the dark. But I guess “Get your stuff in stock in FBA Before Prime Day” is “notice”

3 Likes
July 31, 2024 ...

For those of you who missed our non-published July Prime Days, no worries as we will have our new non-published August Prime Days. Just stay tuned while we figure it out!

5 Likes

Oops?

under the official link to the Prime Day 2024 page at Amazon in the UK Google Search results, you’ll find the following text snippet:

'Prime Day is Amazon’s annual deal event on July 16-17 exclusively for Prime Members, featuring two days of epic deals on top brands’

I guess with all the secrecy they’re trying to prevent all other retailers from jumping on their sales dates.

If it is July 16-17, then we should see an announcement this week, probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

1 Like

Weird. IDK where I got 11-12 from. That should have been 9-10. Clearly I was looking at June instead of July. Lol…

Regardless, I was wrong if it’s 16-17 and I don’t mind being wrong. Would prefer those dates. Comps are gonna look really ■■■■■■ for that second week of July for us.

3 Likes

We would welcome the news if they’re confirmed, given the current delays we’re experiencing with LTL shipment receipts.

3 Likes

My thoughts too on the later date… We have something coming out of production tomorrow that needs to go and is low (less than a month left). Long story stemming from a mistake someone internally made sending Amazon 2-packs to Walmart… Pallet wasn’t labeled right… :roll_eyes:

I need to spend more time at the facility. I haven’t been there in a year. LOL - going on Wed

3 Likes