Can Sellers be identified by FNSKU without Amazon help?

I’ll assume no, but it’s worth the ask.

The story is:
We have been receiving some FBA returns for items that are not ours.
In fact we don’t even do FBA.
I’m assuming some other seller put down our address as their return address as not to have to store it or ship it back overseas or something. So just dump it on out doorstep.
Like what happened to this lady https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441x8QhCXOU

So I can see the FNSKU but I don’t know which seller it is. I don’t want to buy 1 from every seller to see who matches. wondering if there was another way.

I hope this doesn’t “LINK US” in Amazon’s eyes, and if they go down we go to.

5 Likes

I watched the clip and am not surprised that Amazon refused to stop shipping the unwanted boxes. They treat everyone like ■■■■.

5 Likes

In the clip, it looked as though the seller’s name was on the first line, and the address of the recipient blacked out when the mailing label was shown. Might this be a way to track down the seller?

In the OP’s situation, this would not work, and I know of no easy way to track down a seller using a FNSKU.

Consider searching for the items on Amazon–perhaps not all of this seller’s items have been removed yet.

Are they all from the same seller?

Perhaps Goodwill could make a deal with Amazon to accept seller castoffs? When I visited the Amazon Fulfillment Center in May 2019, there were huge parcels marked for thrifts shops. Target used to supply a lot of merchandise for on of our local branches of Goodwill.

3 Likes

Amazon knows the seller of the FNSKU, and you need to tell them that you are not the seller of that FNSKU, and to stop sending that stuff to your address.

6 Likes

I second this. If Amazon actually understands what you try to tell them when you try to do this…

5 Likes

Just reject the shipments. The process will get backed to the original account owner account when the shipments get back to Amazon.

6 Likes

But will Amazon stop? It seems from the TV-video clip that Amazon has refused to stop shipping unwanted FBA returns to this poor woman whose address was hijacked.

3 Likes

The poor woman could not open a case with seller support, and ask them to search for the FNSKU, the LPNs, the ASIN, the UPC, whatever.

If your “return address” is on any FNSKU that you do not sell, seller support can easily find it, and remove it as they can verify that you did not sell that stuff.

3 Likes

In my experience, which I’ve likewise seen others state was also their own in situations like our friend @Sundance’s here, SeSu will typically resort to the “how `bout YOU just keep it?” option.

As we all know, Amazon doesn’t sport much of a sterling record on the score of exception-handling methodologies.

3 Likes

I may be more irritated than normal today since a car dealer is refusing to honor their warranty, BUT since Amazon is sending you things that you did not sell and have no relationship to this would seem to be harassment of an Amazon seller.

Haven’t talked to my daughter (except about the warranty issue) but I’m wondering if you could get a restraining order on them.

I’m at the point with sales stinking and other stuff that my new theme song is –

Yup, No More Mr. Nice Guy (as if I ever was)…

4 Likes

I have no problem dumping the items, I’m more worried about this creating a “LINK” that so many sellers on the forums post about.

Where their account get suspended due to a related account and they have no idea who the 2nd account is.

As for the return label has OUR name on it not the actual sellers name like in the vid clip. Maybe they saw the video themselves and realized not to do that with their return address settings.

The receipt has identification codes too.

3 Likes

You have got to get this cleared up!

Can you call customer service and see if they can help you track the Seller down, as if you received it as a gift? :thinking:

You still need to also start a documentation trail as a Seller, for exactly the situation you mentioned about linked accounts.

5 Likes

Problem is I’m super worried about stirring the pot.

So many posts about sellers making a report on another & Amazon shuts them down instead of the offender.

Rock |> ME <| Hard Place

6 Likes

I don’t blame you for feeling this way.

1 Like

Start refusing them. This is the best way to get Amazon’s attention without kicking the hornets nest

4 Likes

Like anyone would ever notice stuff coming back and do anything about it. Come on man… You and I both know that anything that gets kicked back goes straight in the trash.

With that said, refusing it is the way to go but now the OP either has to sift through their packages in front of the delivery person and determine whether or not the package is for them and or stalk their front door if the delivery people just drop and run.

3 Likes

Unless the quantity of these items is absolutely massive to the point where it’s costing you extra money to dispose of them, I would just let it be.

3 Likes

It may disable the address for the seller to ship to? Just throwing things out there.

2 Likes

We have a reclamation service that takes boxes of all unsellable stuff once a month, so its’ not an issue about disposing. It’s really all about are we now “linked” to an unknown account.
And to not get Amazon involved, cause they mess ■■■■ up, all the time.

4 Likes

Maybe something for the escalation team to look at (Jeff email) - if that’s even still a thing.

If it’s still avail and something you rarely or never use, that might be the path to go down since you have the FNSKU and tracking IDs. You might get someone that’s interested in looking into this because it’s such an unusual issue of some sort of fraud that might be new to them. All comes down to who is opening that email on that day but I would probably go that route.

I assume you do pretty well on Amazon and that makes a difference when you email that group.

3 Likes