FYI: Shopify Description AI

Shopify just added AI autowrite to product description fields. You can just plug in a few keywords, choose a tone (playful, daring, sophisticated, persuasive, expert) and it spits out a really nicely written description in full sentences.

Then after you’re done you can choose to have it simplify, modify, or extend it.

I’m a little freaked out by it…but hot damn it’s better than anything I could write myself.

Update: It’s called ‘Shopify Magic.’ Looks like they’re rolling it out and you can get on a waitlist. I have it already. Surprise!

3 Likes

Interesting. We are relaunching our site on Shopify next month. Moving from the crappy Squarespace site I did myself years ago.

Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes

Being a shopify user on my personal website, I am hella excited now. Its the one made by “yodel” right?

1 Like

God dang, I am flabbergasted by how good that tool is…

1 Like

Isn’t it amazing? I was poking around to figure out which AI it is, but couldn’t find it.

I was reading that Google is anti-AI, but the descriptions it is kicking out do not sound robotic to me at all - I reworded a bit just to be sure/safe.

1 Like

I find it scary that the people in this group are embracing AI. LOL

3 Likes

Honestly, I have 400+ items and they’re not terribly dissimilar from each other. Any help I can get to add some variety and I’m all for it!

2 Likes

AI is replacing skilz I bring to the table with this.
I fear and resent it.

3 Likes

Ill let you read the description I wrote. Then Ill show the ai one I just made.

Youll know full well why I embrace lol

2 Likes

Ai has its place, and should always be reviewed by a human.

Just my opinion!

5 Likes

No joke I am pretty sure this ai just gave me a new website slogan “Give the gift of fear this Christmas”

100% its not hands off, unlike Tesla self driving.

2 Likes

That’s not even hands off. I’ve seen some things.

2 Likes

forgot the /s on that post

2 Likes

Why’d you select shopify vs woocommerce? Just curious? Guessing ease of use?

1 Like

Company we went with specializes in Shopify. It’s someone we have worked with and off for years so it was a natural choice. Maybe not the best - IDK. Not all that interested in a brisk DTC business. It’s for show more than anything else.

The site is eons better than what we have now and so is the platform. Baby Steps

3 Likes

I use and like Shopify.
Not for drop shipping.

3 Likes

My only complaint with shopify is that changing site structure is not a simple task. I’m a tech guy and I still never figured it out. But with upwork finding a cheap guy who could do it was a breeze. Saves me the time.

2 Likes

Not ASV, but I started with Wordpress & Woo - I had years of blogging backlog and links so wanted to parlay that into ranking. My issue with Woo was I needed so many different apps to do what I wanted, then those apps would update often, resulting in maintenance all the time. (it might be more streamlined now!).

I also found it cumbersome with a lot of products - bulk editing wasn’t that simple and it was just way too time consuming.

I have found Shopify - while more expensive, obviously - to be much more plug and play.

3 Likes

This helps! Thanks!

1 Like