How are you guys preparing for potential UPS nationwide strike?

Just curious, how old does the account need to be? My Uline account is roughly about 7-8 years old. I guess that’s not long enough… Oh I just saw you wrote “pre internet”. Wow.

1 Like

Yep … before many sellers on Amazon were either a gleam in their parents eyes or maybe not even a thought across their minds … :wink:

1 Like

I suppose I should stop shipping by UPS for anything with an estimated delivery date of Aug 1 or later. Depending if it is ground or 2nd Day, I’ll probably start winding down UPS around 7/25 to 7/26 - unless a compromise is reached before then.

We’re thinking July 29th last day of estimated delivery. Monday being July 31st could be a slow down day where the brown flu over comes some drivers.

1 Like

I have a big order I was going to ship out, but now that the strike is coming, maybe I’ll make Tuesday the last day. I’ll just ship to the FC whatever I have on hand. The expensive stuff we’ll do FBM if the FC runs out. Don’t want that to be stuck on a truck somewhere.

…posting incomplete, temporarily

QUICK AND DIRTY CONSOLIDATED TIPS:

NOTE: UPS might start to see diminished capacity as early as this week (July 24) as drivers take vacation days @Image

FBA ONLY:

NOTE: the FC’s are delayed 30 days @Image

5 Likes

How do we ship to Amazon FC using FedEx and USPS?

We have free shipping from ULine for any orders over $500 automatically (no code needed). Our account is over 20 years old.

I created a bunch of shipments to send to Amazon FC yesterday and UPS still only the option. A few years ago, we used to be able to pick between UPS and FedEx, then Amazon didn’t renew the partnership with FedEx leaving UPS the only Amazon partner carrier. I don’t recall seeing USPS as an option.

5 Likes

There will still be snafus because of UPS workers already taking vacation (so subs) and the influx of “in preparation” shipping.

Plus, member need to ratify.

But still, welcome news!

1 Like

If you have employees this can be a decent book.

https://www.amazon.com/Loyalty-Effect-Hidden-Profits-Lasting/dp/0875844480

1 Like

Seconded.

Ethicality in the biz realm ain’t what it used to be, but this work does a pretty-fair job of pointing out why things for long used to be different…

The math has not changed much regarding the cost of high turnover as an employer, despite the social norms changing for employees, employers and shareholders.

1 Like