How is MakerPlace Doing?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: “Favorites” on MakerPlace

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Michaels MakerPlace has an official Facebook group

I’m up to 20 orders now. It’s paid for itself & my hours so far and I’m pretty happy with it as a 5th revenue stream. We’ll see how it goes - might fizzle once they’re done advertising, but customers are coming from somewhere I guess.

7 Likes

I have 24 orders so far, and 5 of them are for the same pair of earrings. Thinking I might have stumbled upon a trend, I listed every variation of those earrings and several matching necklaces, none of which have sold :frowning:

7 Likes

I have yet to see a sale in all these months. I have 77 listings. I could add 150 more, but doesn’t seem worth it.

4 Likes

I’ve noticed a lot of Handmade food products that I would be concerned with purchasing on MakerPlace but I guess there would be the same concerns on Amazon except MakerPlace has not imposed any proof of Liability Insurance. I’m not sure about this item as to it’s intended use since the description is vague. https://www.michaels.com/makerplace/product/monkey-farts-245102902847045632

2 Likes

“squeezable home fragrance” is a new one for me! :monkey:

4 Likes

I have seen food on MP before that I questioned about the safety. This particular one, if it’s food, who would buy it? Could it actually be some kind of lotion/cream or soap that’s packaged in a weird way?

1 Like

as @papy noted and in Seller’s profile

2 Likes

It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen if someone eats it. Without any sort of label on the actual package who really knows what its intended purpose. The bag itself almost reminds me of a breast milk pumping bag?

4 Likes

Posted just now - for those not in the FB group.

3 Likes

Nah, if you’re “deficient” enough to eat something that’s labeled “ambiguously,” your testimony probably wouldn’t be admissible in court…

1 Like

While I understand this, once we stayed in a hotel, it was when Amazon was selling that sort of thing.

On the counter was this nice looking package with no label. I think, “Wow, they left a treat (candy) for us!” I open and bite into it.

:face_vomiting:

It was a tablet for the dishwasher.

Fact is stranger than fiction.

5 Likes

Must’ve been a nice hotel to have a dishwasher. Bet that was the last time you ate anything unlabeled.

1 Like

Without a doubt. And I was so embarrassed I never did tell anyone about it.

For this reason, I am very careful ordering food or eating any consumable products online.

1 Like

Anyone else having trouble logging into Makerplace? I was logged in this morning but not now and cannot login.

2 Likes

Are you still not able to log-in?

I logged on this morning, but after not doing anything there most of the day, got logged out, but I was able to logged in just now after doing the 2 step verification again.

2 Likes

I read the Michael’s employee subreddit on Reddit and it looks like all the in store systems were down as well today :grimacing:

2 Likes

They were down for at least 2 hours that I know of.

2 Likes

This morning I noticed that when creating a listing you now have the option to “create a custom lead time”. For example, instead of 4-7 days, you could now set it at 8. I tried setting mine to 1 instead of 1-3 but it reverts back to 1-3 every time. This is important to me because if someone pays for expedited shipping, they would know it was going to ship in 1 day and not 1-3 days. This leads to another issue IMO. When offering an upgraded expedited shipping method, an “I need it yesterday” buyer never sees this option until the end of the checkout process. Sale lost!

4 Likes