How is MakerPlace Doing?

I wish mine did that - it seems like every state is different.

In Texas we have to report Total Texas Sales and Total Taxable Texas Sales as separate numbers.

2 Likes

Yes we are, thanks be to God. Our state, “Live Free or Die” has no sales tax at all.

Though that comes with problems. We did have a “discussion” with a CA government office that insisted on paying us taxes. I tried, until I was blue in the face to tell them, we have no way to pay our state the tax you provide to us. We have no tax.

In the end they added tax to the order.

Fact is stranger than fiction.

3 Likes

To be fair, it could be more-cumbersome than that, as our friends domiciled in Illinois (among certain others of the late, great Justice Louis Dembitz Brandeis’ terminology “Laboratories of Democracy”) can readily attest…

1 Like

I browsed their site to see what I needed … and not that much. The craft-related items I could use — a mannequin bust with pierced ears; a larger professional light tent; professional photo lighting; a better matte cutter — are not on Michaels. However, I need two picture frames :wink:

Not that I expect to win, but I was just preparing :grin: I’ll be adding 10+ new items regardless.

2 Likes

I was getting 2-3 orders a day mostly all the same stuff so it was obviously coming off a FB ad the was carouseling the same items over and over. It slowed to 1 order a day and I no longer noticed the FB ads as much. About a week ago, I started getting 5-6 per days and for all different stuff. I did some google searches and found Michael’s is hitting Google sponsored ads pretty hard. Thanks Michael’s!

9 Likes

That is really great to hear! I have had a [very modest] increase in orders the past few days. I haven’t seen any ads with any of my stuff, but maybe it’s floating out there somewhere…hope it continues for a bit!

6 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Please help with Michaels MakerPlace reports (April 2024)

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: So their marketing is clear…

Starting to get a LOT of spam messages…“I want to buy 5 contact me at abc email so we can discuss payment blah blah blah” I think it’s time for Michael’s to code a block for email addresses in messages, at the least.

5 Likes

Finally got 2 orders a few days apart, after being on the platform since last fall. Pretty sure it was because of that Spend $x get $15 rewards. That promo is done now.

5 Likes

I’ve asked for this several times on their FB page. In the past 4 days, I’ve gotten 8 emails from “Mrs.Mary”, although the last 3 back-to-back messages were from “Mrs. Janet” but with “Mary’s” email. It’s really annoying. Makes me wish I was a world-class hacker to send a virus to Mary’s computer and blow it up.

6 Likes

Same…“Mrs. Janet and Mrs. Mary”. Yesterday I sent 5 “report message”

2 Likes

I wonder if those people somehow able to tell which sellers are getting sales on MP, then target those sellers with the messages?

Knock on woods I haven’t received any message (probably just cursed myself now), but I haven’t had any sales later either.

3 Likes

How did you do that?

I finally received one of those “Mrs” message today, and there isn’t any way to “report” the message on MP like we can do on Amazon. Just wondering if there is a way I missed or did you just sent an email to: [email protected] ?

2 Likes

Did you reply to them, or just ignor them? There isn’t any kind of rule on MP that we have to answer messages (or mark as no answer needed), like on Amazon, right?

2 Likes

We don’t need to reply, but I throw back a bit of snark just to ease my frustration — and then I report them. I really wish Michaels would block those email addresses.

3 Likes

Did you sent an email about it to: [email protected]? I don’t see any other ways to report it.

2 Likes

Hover over message and there will be three dots on top right of message

6 Likes

Thanks so much Wade. How did you ever find that? Why didn’t they just make the three dot display there without have to hover over it. I’d never have find it on my own.

Anyway, I originally listed only 2 pairs of that earrings on MP, and the message said she want to buy 5 prs, so I up the inventory to 5, and messaged her that she can go ahead and make her purchase on MP. Pretty sure I won’t hear back from her.

But if I do hear back from her or any other “Mrs”, I now know where to “report” it.

2 Likes

I started getting them too - just ignored and they stopped.

Sadly, my sales have stopped there too, which is a bummer. :frowning:

3 Likes