How is MakerPlace Doing?

I just listed like normal because really a Michael’s gift card didn’t seem that exciting to me, I hardly ever shop there…except I went into a Michael’s yesterday and bought a diamond art kit to do with my kids and I now have a new addiction. Which motivated me to finally go through and list a lot of my old items on Etsy that I never got around to listing on Michael’s :joy:

The kids all took a vote and decide we can get rid of Perler beads if I buy a bunch of diamond art (I hate hate hate Perler beads lolololol) so fingers crossed I win $50 :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I added ~25 new listings this month, mostly so I’d have stuff to pitch for their Saturday emails, “We’re looking for…” I don’t think any of my new listings have been featured (yet?)

3 Likes

Haha - I wonder how many of my daughter’s teachers have random perler bead creations buried in their desk drawers - every time she’d make some she would insist on taking them in to give as gifts. LOL

There are people on TikTok who diamond art everything - it seems like a very relaxing hobby. Good for stress relief!

No. I have just been adding as usual. I had the whole kerfluffle where my drafts were making duplicate listings - and when I realized I had 2-3 of some things I was so angry I lost interest.

2 Likes

I think I have found a venue with a worse message system than Amazon. I have never had an Amazon email go to spam. Many of Michael’s email do so I suspect this is happening to buyers as most of my Michael’s messages go unanswered. I’ve wasted time on a dozen messages to one buyer who clearly is not getting my replies but is persistent with stupid messages. She has brought 3 items but since she is not getting my answers, I don’t know why she is even sticking around. :angry: I got better things to do. Fix your stupid message system Michael’s! OR Micheal’s has spammed themselves right into spam jail with all their promos.

5 Likes

Michaels was suppose to conact wnners for their List and Win Sweepstakes on or befor 5/14, since nobody here said anything, I’m assuming non of us here is one of the lucky winner of the prices.

Oh, well, at least it pushed me to add 10 more items to MP, I wasn’t very motivated to add things since the sales were pretty slow to none for me there.

2 Likes

They posted the winners on FB. No one I recognized. :sob:

I used up my contest winning luck when I was 26 and won a new boat from a radio station contest.

6 Likes

No luck for me, time to delete the 15+ diamond art kits I had stored in my shopping cart :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t know any of the contest winners. I had a few MakerPlace sales this week, same as last week. Amazon has also been slow.

4 Likes

I posted my best-selling item from Etsy last Fall, and nothing.

I keep thinking I need to close the account but in no hurry since nothing is going on over there.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Adding customization to Amazon listings

I think I need to redo my main images. I currently show prints framed, but have text at the bottom that says the frame isn’t included. I think my stuff isn’t being shown/advertised because of it being considered a watermark. Others in my category show them framed without any text - except in the title and such.

So I guess that’s today’s project. YAY (not). I’ll just include a ‘not framed’ graphic as another image.

3 Likes

For whatever reason, some of my Amazon best sellers don’t sell at all on MakerPlace — and I sold things on MakerPlace that never sold in 7 years on Amazon. (I’m not on Etsy anymore.)

4 Likes

I had the same experience, none of my Amazon best sellers sold at all on MakerPlace

3 Likes

Off topic but today I noticed a site https://makersplace.com for digital art. Maybe confusing if anyone actually knew about Makerplace. I did notice some nice banners for Makerplace near the top of Michael’s home page and I’m still seeing lots of Google shopping sponsored ads.

2 Likes

Since 5/23 or 5/24, on MP’s Performance Overview page, there is no data showing at all for “Listing View” and “Click-through rate” sections. All of the time period I chose said “No Data Available”.

Also the section with the pie chart showing the numbers of keyword search is also not showing anything.

Usually it’s not much a concern, but since I started this sale promotion on 5/23, I’d like to see if the discount actually brings more views/click-throu (no sales yet), and it’s very frustrating not able to see the Stats

Before I email Michaels about this issue, just want to check here to see if it’s just me or does anybody having all the data showing/updated?

2 Likes

Nothing here either.

3 Likes

One good thing is your sale is being served with Google Sponsored ads

4 Likes

Michael’s has a lot of confusion with their naming…Marketplace, Makerplace, and now Makerspace

2 Likes

I wonder if the seller/company in that photo is the same one that seems to always have those printed water bottles showing up in MP curated/featured gift guides, etc. Maybe it helps to sell more of the Michaels’ blank water bottles?

1 Like

From the Facebook page: MakerPlace by Michaels Official Sellers Group

5 Likes