How to find out if someone is drop shipping my product?

Some drop shippers have figured out that if they mark the order as a gift the pricing is left off the packing slip. This is a recent development in my experience, either Amazon changed the packing slip contents on gift orders or the drop shippers I’ve encountered just figured it out. Although except for a very few recent ones, it’s been quite a while since I’ve had drop ship orders.

2 Likes

In our experience, that’s not a recent development - what you’ve described has been going on for so long that I was constrained, years ago, to institute an ‘order-scraping’ regimen designed to ferret out evidence of such rats invading our corn-crib.

5 Likes

OK, must be for me historically the drop shippers I encountered were not yet savvy to that.

3 Likes

Our pick sheet is our packslip. We do not use Amazon’s packslip.

Since we are getting ready to move over to robotic picking systems I do not know if the packslips will continue or not.

3 Likes

I think that would only be the case if you have marked the individual ASINs as eligible for gift messages, etc.

I don’t have mine marked (except a few that were clicked by accident) so prices show up on everything.

4 Likes

I don’t have any of mine marked for gift options. I thought about it years ago for gift messages but when I looked into it I realized I would have to download an order report every day to find gift messages. Doesn’t fit my workflow. If they would show it on the order page I would do it.

5 Likes

They show up in the API order downloads. Or at least they do for us.
Now, as to how that is done? I have no idea. Our programmer set it up.

2 Likes

I’m old school, no API for me :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, turning off the gift option for your seller-fulfilled Walmart offers would make those less attractive to online arbitrage drop shippers (OADS).

The OADS are trying to find ways to avoid detection by both the 3P Sellers and the platforms.

Or you could add your own packing slip in addition to the Walmart one, like @Haegan2005, as long as doing so does not violate Walmart’s policies.

OR…you could consider raising your prices a bit.

Lots of options @HumbleWarrior !

4 Likes

I was confused about where I was. I lost track that this was about Walmart, my comments are for Amazon. I’m older today so I should be getting wiser. :smile:

Although I think most concepts apply to both, except maybe the gift option setting.

5 Likes

This is only slightly off topic as far as YOUR products, but I was looking for some paper since I opened my last ream this morning and found these on eBay –
ALL Amazon Basic and ALL delivered the same day that ordering from Amazon would be!

The best part – if I didn’t need it by tomorrow I could save some money (or get three sellers in trouble) since three out of the four are below the current Amazon prices! How they make any money is a mystery to me anyway.

2 Likes

Hmmm maybe Amazon is an incognito eBay seller??

3 Likes

Well, that is possible since they all appear to have Chinese sounding names.
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Just checked the “about” info on these at least –

2 Likes

I recently check some Kirkland Vitamins on Ebay and they were exactly the Costco.com price.

I assume that they are either not fulfilling the orders or have combined dropshipping with money laundering. Or the always popular selling stolen goods.

5 Likes

They could be MFN fulfillable.

3 Likes

Normally, yes…but these are Amazon’s own brand, so probably less likely. But also kinda hilarious if a 3P Seller is using FBA to sell Amazon Basics on eBay :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My guess is OADS Amazon-to-eBay with fake/fraudulent Amazon gift cards???

3 Likes

Staples just had an offer $34.99 for 5000 sheets, Hammermill
Purchased 3pm yesterday, delivered to us today.

3 Likes

A lot of these supplements and other items are purchased in bulk on pallets through a liquidation site at a fraction of the cost.
One of the “gurus” teaches how to buy in bulk at Costco when the items are on sale, (with the seller fulfilling themselves so no risk of the dropship issue) , get the 2% cash back when you purchase using the Costco Business Member card (if you spend $37,500 you’ll get $750 back at the end of the year) and earn the additional 2% back if you use the Costco Visa.
I often see people with a cart full of an item and its hard not to “think/understand” what they are doing with 200 bottles of Vitamin C…

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like they saw your purchase and raised the prices for all the rest of us!

Oh well. I have to go out shopping for a hungry Grandson anyway…

3 Likes

Add coupon code 82561

7 Likes