Invoices rejected: Unable to verify the supplier.

I have a bogus Product Authenticity Customer Complaint for an item I get from a regional distributor, not directly from the manufacturer. I have had the occasional issue with items I get from this distributor before and I have never had an issue when submitting my invoices from them. However, this time Amazon has rejected my appeal stating: We cannot accept this invoice because we are unable to verify the supplier."

These are the same invoices we have used successfully in the past with no changes. We have confirmed with our distributor that Amazon has not reached out to them in any capacity.

Has anything changed regarding what information is required for valid invoices? These invoices include the name, address, phone number, email address, and fax number of the distributor. The invoice includes the QTY purchased, description including part number and manufacturer, price per unit, date of sale.

I suppose I could keep sending the invoice and hope that it goes through at some point, but that strategy seems sub-optimal.

Try using the “Call me Now” option on your account health page, maybe they can give you an idea what the problem is.

There’s like a 10% chance they can or will provide maintak with this info. This may be less optimal than repeatedly submitting the same invoice.

2 Likes

In terms of efficiency in time spent, maybe. However, sending in the invoices repeatedly has a higher chance of negative repercussions, where calling Account Health is only dangerous if I take what they tell me at face value and don’t corroborate before acting on it.

I’ll try having them call me.

4 Likes

It sounds to me like the manufacturer may’ve implemented white-list gating mechanisms that haven’t yet been fully addressed properly by Amazon’s processes & procedures (and/or those of the Regional Distributor).

3 Likes

Possible, but I doubt it. This particular manufacturer doesn’t care who sells their stuff online. They have actually recently made it harder to buy directly from them, pushing more retailers and smaller distributors to their larger distributors. They want to get as far from the retail aspect as they can.

I’ve been battling this same situation. Except I’ve been having invoices directly from the manufacturer rejected.

Calling account health services is useless, all they’re gonna tell you is “they couldn’t verify the invoice.” Been there done that numerous times.

Shockingly, Account Health can’t help. They can neither identify what was rejected, nor can they give any suggestions on how to get the invoices accepted.
“Did you try working with the supplier to fix the problem?”

Do other Amazon Sellers get stock from this supplier? If yes, and those products have been getting authenticity or condition complaints, then Amazon might have hit some sort of internal limit that has triggered an “unable to verify” status for that supplier.

Alternatively, your specific selling account might have hit an Amazon limit of problems with this product and/or supplier.

Not to my knowledge.

It might be time to ask for some supply chain documentation from the distributor and/or an Amazon LOA from the company, to resubmit.

You might also want to note the longstanding healthy sales of this product, from this same supplier, without customer complaints. Even with previous complaints, your volume might be sufficient to render these complaints–including the current one–as statistically irrelevant.

2 Likes

Just an FYI, for inauthentic customer complaints you are no longer permitted to write any notes as part of the appeal. You can submit a document and that is it.

I have also hit that internal problem limit on an ASIN, first inauthentic complaint, I submitted and invoice and it was approved, strike removed, then got another one, resubmitted the same invoice and it kept getting rejected (which leads me to believe that nothing I submitted was going to be accepted). NCX rate was “Good” though on that ASIN so that’s BS.

I’m kinda hoping the black hats start egregiously abusing this like they abused the IP complaint system to force Amazon to rework the system and make it harder to submit complaints and/or ignore complaints below a certain threshold. I have an ASIN right now with 1000 orders, 0.3% NCX rate, EXCELLENT CX Health and is deactivated due to a customer inauthentic complaint. Currently appealing it.

Obviously any customer complaining something’s inauthentic when >99% of the other buyers don’t have a problem is a lying sack of ■■■■.

4 Likes

I can’t say with complete certainty, but I very much doubt it.

I doubt this too, since my occasional issues are very occasional, and none of these issues have been that serious. Just supply chain verification.

The only thing these invoices don’t have in terms of vendor verification is a website. I can see Amazon using this as justification for rejecting the invoices, but a) what a stupid reason and b) there is nothing I can do about that, since this distributor doesn’t have a website.

2 Likes

Oof, no website is a tough one. I’ve seen many places that say if they got no website Amazon won’t consider them a real business.

How ignorant and elitist. (of Amazon, not you GGX). The whole world is not yet online and many old-school established businesses make better products than the newbies.

I represent a manufacturer who does not have a website and has no interest in Amazon’s Brand Registry. In business since the 1950’s.
… Walking on eggshells.

1 Like

I think it’s more of an issue where if they have no website their bots can’t verify that 1. They’re a real business and 2. What their business does.

Their bots draw a blank = your supplier’s not valid.

I bet you are 100% right. If a bot can’t do it, it can’t be done.

I fear our future on this planet.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re kinda heading in that direction where automation is getting more and more popular. A lot of big company customer support starts with chatGPT now which is a pain in the ■■■ if you have a real problem.

As far as representing a non-digital manufacturer on Amazon, if the brand’s Amazon presence is worth a lot to you, you may want to consider hiring someone to make a website for the brand and enrolling and managing their brand registry account. You’ll also need to make sure their invoices are Amazon compliant.

While dealing with bots can be a pain, it can also be a blessing. If you have an idea of what the bot is looking for, and you’re in control of things like the website, you can custom tailor the website to make it easy for the Amabots to parse and verify the information they’re looking for. (Eg. if you get an inauthentic complaint for a specific product, you can feature that product on the front page of the website before submitting your appeal to make it easy for the bot to figure out that they are the supplier of that product)

1 Like

Can this be done? Last year, Support told me I could do this but this year they say I cannot. The BR application process is designed for enrolling a brand that you own, I could not find a path forward to enroll another’s brand as an authorized agent.

They have an active trademark.

The brand owner needs to create the account I believe, then they can add you as an authorized user.

If they’ll allow you to you can create the account with their information and have their attorney give you the authorization code. Someone (whether that’s you or one of their employees) has to enroll as the brand owner. They’ll have to at least be partially involved in the process (at the minimum by providing you the information you need to fill out the brand owner details) as they are the owner, but you can do all the heavy lifting for it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that cause a multiple accounts accusation by Amazon? He would probably go along with me handling it for him, but he doesn’t even shop on Amazon and has no desire for an account of his own.

1 Like

I am considering forming a new company for the sole purpose of invoicing ourselves for our own branded products, just to kick amazon in the junk for demanding supplier info in the first place.

3 Likes