MakerPlace: Listing Items with Variants

About listing items with variants, I have done:

1. Started the listing with variants
  2. Started the listing with just a single item, then added a new item as a variant to the single listing.

But if I want to combine several existing listings (same product with different colors), I can add all the colors to one of the existing listing as variants, but what do I do with the listings of those colors that’s already existing as single varient? Do I need to deactivate them & then delete them?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with Manage Inventory’s “Variation Tab”

Sorry to bring this up, I do appreciate your help over the decades. The OP is talking about “Marker Place” on Michaels. They (Michaels) are infants in the world of eCommerce.

I could be confused, if so let me know.

I have this assigned to one of our team members and will share the question with her. I expect she may have some input.

That said, we have not had a single sale on Marker Place since we started.

4 Likes

Hi @Dreamscape-Studio, I moved some replies to Listings and Variations and added “MakerPlace” to your title, just in case members don’t see the MakerPlace by Michaels category (easy to miss).

Thank you @Image !

1 Like

You are welcome, she is off with family tonight, I did ask her this afternoon, she has a lot on her plate.

This economy has us heads down and focused on growth. Amazon is not performing as it should.

2 Likes

You could probably be ok under the radar as far as duplicate items listed goes but I would delete and you can only delete them if they had no sales. Once they have had a sale, you can only make them inactive.

2 Likes

That’s kind of silly. So if we sold a one of a kind item. the listing will be inactive but still showing on my products list on the dashboard, taking up space. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Trying to add additional sizes to existing listings but as noted on another thread elsewhere, you cannot edit a variant once the listing has been sold. Here’s support reply. :disappointed:

4 Likes

Thanks Wade for point that out.

I do have one item I had sale and was thinking of add couple other colors to it as variations, now I know it’s not possible.

Since I don’t keep close attention to all the little details that they change on MP. I’d really appreciated if you could mention it here if/when MP fixs this issue.

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is why this was ever added to the code - it makes no sense?

4 Likes

Unless they didn’t want bait-and-switch scam listings so easy to do? There are other (better) ways to prevent that, though. :thinking:

3 Likes

I think this is a new improvement, notifying us when a variant is out of stock. One still has to page through Product Listings to see it, but way better than having to open up a listing to check inventory.

Capture

3 Likes

Yeah! Baby step but still would like these to show up at Dashboard>Business Actions>Product Listings.

4 Likes

It seems that variations of items with previous sales can now be edited!

4 Likes

What kind of edit? Qunatity, price,photo or removed a variant if it’s sold out?

I wonder if Michaels was working on the “Variation” things yesterday?

I was trying to add one more color variation to an existing “family”, and had the most trouble listing on MP since it started. By adding the name and photo of the new color, I had to re-add all other existing variations’ photos too. Then when all were added and updated, the photos for each variation won’t show up. When clicked on the “Color choice”, the photo just stuck on the first color choice, except for the new one I added yesterday.

At first I thought I did something wrong, so went back and re-did the whole thing couple more times, nothing helped. Emailed support and got the reply it could take 1-3 days, so I went back removed the variants totally, and added the whole thing again, it was still not working in the early evening, so I just left them, but before I went to bed, the problem was gone, photos are showing up as they should. Don’t know if somebody from Michaels fixed the issue or my last re-do did the the trick but it was just taking much longer than usual for the update to show up.

2 Likes

I should have worded it, the “edit variation” button is no longer greyed out on items with previous sales.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.