Thermal Labels - Lets Discuss

Does anybody have a good source for thermal labels?

Typically fedex/ups would provide but since we moved to amazon shipping we are at a thermal deficit and I need to order them.

I have purchased some before of Amazon and the quality has been terrible.

So i am not looking for the honda fit of thermal labels, maybe like a nice camry.

Rolls preferred over fanfold.

2 Likes

I THINK there was a thread about this before, but maybe it auto locked due to age? My little green brain sometimes forgets things!

1 Like

I saw an outdated one regarding a sale, but TBH I am really bad with this search functionality. Perhaps we can replace it with chatgpt?

1 Like

Are you thinking about https://sellersasksellers.com/t/thermal-printer-recommendations/774?u=papy over in :lock: Reviews & Recommendations ?

What printer are you using, and what size labels? Or are you open to a new thermal printer, too?

2 Likes

I’ve used these with my Dymo 4XL for years with no issues: Amazon.com

I use their smaller ones for my Dymo 450 also: Amazon.com

3 Likes

We are using several ZP 505’s. I belive we are using the standard UPS 250/roll

2 Likes

This thermal printer is the bane of my existence. If yours works without a headache congratulations.

Sadly, I don’t belive the dymo labels work on the zebra thermals. Or do they? The description says yes.

1 Like

Back in October @Chimanimani had posted about a seller on eBay with an incredible deal on fanfolds.

I bought what should be a lifetime supply but the store seems to be gone from eBay now.

There are some others though from the looks. Here is one cheap one (no guarantee of anything but they do have 100% on over 5800 sales).

3 Likes

That is a very good deal actually.

1 Like

Yeah, back then I got 12,000 for $39.99.

At the rate sales are going I should run out in time for the election in 2072…

5 Likes

Knock on wood, I’ve had it for over 10 years with no issues :grimacing:

4 Likes

We use these too and haven’t had any issues.

2 Likes

May I ask if you have Business Shipping Accounts with either carrier?

The reason why I ask is because if you do, and you integrate them with BSS/MSS (‘Amazonese’-‘Amazonish’ for “Buy Shipping Services”/“Merchant Shipping Services”), and do enough volume, I believe that you’re likely to find that you can still get shipping supplies @ little or no cost from the carriers.

4 Likes

Yeah fedex/ups will give us supplies but its limited to an estimate based on volume. SO now that our volume for them has decreased dramatically they are getting stingy. I do not believe Amazon has such a service/offer, at least yet.

1 Like

It may be required, after you integrate those accounts with BSS, for further negotiations with the account managers in order to get them to recognize that the volume is sufficient despite not being purchased directly.

1 Like

I’m using Amazon.com

You can’t beat the price and works really well. Won’t be mad if it breaks.

Going strong since 05/23

T_T

3 Likes

If you are using Amazon.com or Stamps.com to ship UPS and still have a UPS account, UPS will still supply you with labels.

I was contacted by my Rep asking about how our account is not shipping. I basically told them I do my UPS shipping through other parties unless they want to offer me the same discounts on my account. She said she can’t do that but, they can still provide supplies.
So I gladly still order about 1-2 thermal rolls a month.

3 Likes

We bought a couple of these last year

https://www.amazon.com/LUFIER-4x6-Label-Printer-Commercial/dp/B09T9GC9S6/ref=sr_1_1?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.IHTskLGCwWQDuExegbTghTDpq4PVw0D-twCAZkCpLDeiyP2XYLB3q-LTh-m3DY2sJ38bF5RAZX-ikMcnwqOeEtEUn7-02VtHgGNPzPBzwGcrmpFEoqLygAkhm3TjpQtkAWUBVpdE8kh0R1CXZJLpIDs-rGQ0KO9OS4uRB5Dskn02fvLWRx6NdpCIaXQrVAD1.lTrHEuyTbLVvkDHgDsdBRGjkWuIycaz0kC2Ltp4_hwU&dib_tag=se&keywords=lufier&qid=1709155507&sr=8-1

To this day I still look at the name and see Lucifer.

3 Likes

To be clear we are shipping with Amazon logistics, so its literally not going UPS or FedEx anymore. I can see why they wouldn’t want to give labels at that point.

2 Likes

They don’t have to know that :wink:

1 Like