Using Inventory Ledger without invoices

Decided to go through and ask for reimbursements of lost FBA inbound items that were completely received (according to the Inventory Ledger). Finally got a response asking for invoices and such. We have invoices (and brand permission) so that’s not a worry, it’s just annoying to have the extra step. For those of you who have successfully used the Inventory Ledger to prove Amazon received your items, did you also have to upload your invoices?

Honestly, just trying to not spend hours upon hours on this if I can help it.

3 Likes

Yes, we have had Amazon impose that requirement - almost, but not entirely invariably - more than a few times over the last 3 or 4 years.

Even closer to invariability are the instances where its quite-evident (@least, to me) that such additional requests, in later responses to a FBA Lost Inbound case, are yet another delaying tactic employed in pursuing the ever-execrable “Defective By Design” model of provisioning Customer Support.

Amazon well knows who we are, because we’ve been Selling on Amazon for many, many years with one or another entity currently or formerly under our corporate umbrella.

Amazon well knows that we almost-invariably send FBA Inbound Shipments in case-packed lots (strangely, I’ve never seen such a request for non-case-packed goods shipped in miscellaneous lots), accompanied with a properly-signed packing list.

Amazon has long been aware that we query their APIs multiple times in a 24-hour period.

Amazon has almost-as-long been aware that we DO invariably triumph for each and every FBA Lost Inbound case which we bring.

Nevertheless, the shenanigans fomented by Amazon’s ever-warmer embrace of the Defective By Design Model - often enough exacerbated by its equally-fond embrace of the Silo Management Model of Bureaucratic Administration itself, and/or the ongoing problem with much of the lower echelons of Amazon’s Support Infrastructure being either out-sourced or off-shored (or both) - continue, apace.

Sigh.

4 Likes

I get that Amazon wants proof of your purchase and cost for the reimbursement, but it seems crass (or sketchy) to ask for your invoices (and confidential company and supplier info) for their eff up.

There must be a better way, right?

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll just suck it up and crank up the music while I go through these “lost” items. Hopefully I can create a good workflow and just fly through them :).

3 Likes

Perhaps Amazon is looking for the 3 or 4 global suppliers that they don’t already know about so that they can knock off more sellers…

4 Likes

I must admit some surprise that nearly 24 hours have passed without any comments being posted to the Headline-accompanying NSFE discussion (link) for the second of the 072424 News Headlines, “Update on Reimbursement Automation and Eligibility Window to file reimbursement claims” (link), the original text of which is quoted here:

I must also admit to having some qualms about whether or not such an automated mechanism will do much more than muddy the soup…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: A new automated reimbursement for FBA is coming.

:arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

3 Likes