Want to do something nice for your Amazon delivery driver? Amazon has created a tipping fund

https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-thank-amazon-driver-tip-37356169

[mod edit: @selg I tried to get the link to display in “onebox” but could not, so I added the image. Sorry for futzing with your post! -papy]

2 Likes

Yep! Saw this and forgot to post, good call

2 Likes

So that’s why I saw an Amazon driver yelling “alexa thank my driver” through someone’s window.

Ok … so we tried it … on the computer … the search thing

Last delivery 12/11 by UPS
Last Amazon delivery 12/8 by Amazon driver

It is simple … did the search … click the box at the top with the Thank my Amazon driver …

But the page refreshed with Thank you for thanking your driver of 12/11 delivery … we will let them know

:man_facepalming:
Amazon coding at it’s best … they are going to thank the UPS driver of 12/11 delivery? … not our last Amazon driver of 12/8???

fa la la la la … la la la la

Just thought of something …
You know those ice cream trucks that drive around blasting music?
We need to find one and have them drive around the neighborhood blasting

Alexa, thank my driver!

:wink:

Though I appreciate our contract (TBA) Amazon drivers, and give them good feedback when they do the right thing 15% of the time, I do give them bad feedback 85% of the time.

Now thank you @selg for bringing this up, our UPS driver likes to take his family to the lakes region in our state. They have a large, very large, largest that I know of entertainment center. Pinball, games, etc., etc., a lot of fun for his family.

Note to self, order a gift card for him to arrive in time.

1 Like

I would just give him cash.

Gift cards are the biggest scam in the world. Spend $1 to get $1 that’s locked to being spent in 1 place.

The moment Amazon drivers stop blocking my driveway OR throwing every single one of our packages up the steps, they will get a tip.

I should have taken a picture of the box I got from Amazon yesterday. Smashed / ripped open on both sides. This was picked less than 15 miles from here, put in the van and delivered a few hours later. You need to really work hard to do this much damage in your own van, in 4 hours.

:rofl:

No problem. People need to understand these tips are coming from Amazon’s funds, not those of the customers. Alexa is NOT needed to participate.

1 Like

Are we the only nation in the world with a tipping culture? In my travels, when I tip, people are, indeed, thankful but often confused - think mostly Americans that tip the world over - which is one of the reasons why people like us for tourism (if but not for anything else). In Egypt, they straight up ask at the end of a tour. In Italy, they did not.

Interesting stuff.

4 Likes

If you get all your neighbors to file similar complaints, it might get your driver fired as their problem rate will get too high.

1 Like

Except we get a different driver every time …
That’s why we rate everyone of them.

I’m not looking to get anyone fired but also not rewarding poor work either.

I realize that’s a really crappy job and they aren’t treated well by Amazon like us sellers but if that was my job, I would do the best that I could and treat peoples stuff, they paid good money for with respect.

It’s possible to do a crappy job well, and when you do that, you get rewarded. That’s how I went from cleaning toilets and helping customers in a vitamin store to the VP of merchandising and marketing, with 3 departments and 25 people under me at a division of a $4B company in 5 years.

I’m a dying breed I guess and look what all of that got me now… :rofl: A nightmare!

5 Likes

I wonder what percentage of gift cards and refunds given as debit cards do not get redeemed?

I recently had a refund from Verizon sent to me as a prepaid debit card. Could not get it to work anywhere! I finally called the never heard of before “bank” that issued it and told them to send me a check, which they did.

1 Like

I would agree with your statement.

However, this place is the most favorite place for his family, especially his children.

Funspot

Fun Spot NH

Largest Arcade In The World!

I have no affiliation with the company, except that I did meet the owner at a local brewery in our town. He gave me a card, that was his card, but a gift card too.

I handed it to our UPS driver, it was as if it was the Golden Ticket, think Willy Wonka.

He rolls his camper into a nearby campground and they spend the week, several times in the summer in Laconia.

Except Fathers Day, since another type of event goes on that weekend.

1 Like

My amazon delivery drivers are not typically that great, but I will take $5 from Jeff to give to one of them any day of the week!

2 Likes

Jeff should just be doing this on his own and not make his customers, that are struggling to buy groceries these days, get guilted into tipping his underpaid / overworked delivery people.

Maybe a few less rockets and mansions and more $ for the associates who help him live the way he does.

Not knocking him or his success. He did build this thing but come on now.

1 Like

but the tip doesn’t come from me or you, it’s from amazon to the drivers. We’re just pushing jeff’s money around.

3 Likes

He actually is giving it on his own, he’s giving $10 million just letting customers distribute it.

2 Likes

My bad… I knew that. I need more sleep

1 Like